Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Take a Day Off

Yesterday morning I got up, took a shower and was just about to wake Nathan up when I realized that I just couldn't do it. I just felt so tired and achy and stuffy. So I got Nathan ready, took him to daycare and came home and went right to bed. I slept or read all day until Matt brought Nathan home around 2:30. I really think that did the trick. I feel so much better today. I still have the conjestion but the achiness is gone and sometimes I can actually breathe out of my nose. I'm so glad I took the time to get better. It's very tempting to just come in to work. You see other people coming in when they feel sick and you think that you are a wuss if you don't force yourself to come in. But it just prolongs the sickness if you don't take the time to get better. Plus you spread your cold to everyone else and you aren't as productive. Why do we feel the need to justify taking care of ourselves?

Nathan did it. Yesterday when he got home I tried to put him down for a nap about 4PM since he had woken from his only nap at noon. Well after an hour in his crib I just gave up and went and got him. We played and had dinner. Finally got ready for bed around 7:30. I gave him his bottle. Then we settled in for story time. He was very wiggly and kept looking at his crib. After the story I turned off the light and turned on his music (we listen to one song now). He was still very wiggly and kept looking over at his crib. It was like he was telling me, "I'm just so tired and I want to go to bed." So I just gave up, turned on the white noise and put him in his crib and walked out of the room. He rutched (sp?) around his crib for about 5 minutes and then he was asleep. He did it. We can now just lay him down at night and leave and he goes to sleep on his own. YEAH!!! Now that nighttime is all worked out we have to work on nap time. For some reason that is harder, even though I know he's tired. Maybe he just has to be exhausted for it to work.

Time to get all that work done I missed yesterday. have a great day everyone. Flu season is almost over.

No comments: