Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday Monday

It's Monday morning again. Not too much happened over the weekend. I got my hair cut nice and short so that Nathan stops pulling it. We did a lot of playing and cleaning. That was about it. We were even too pooped to watch a movie at night. I was asleep by 10 and matt by 10:30. That's how pooped we were from the week.

Nathan's learning to clap and give kisses. He's not too good at the kisses yet. He just opens his mouth. Maybe that's how I caught my head cold yesterday. I hope it doesn't spread to the rest of the household.

It's been a little over two weeks of the putting Nathan to bed awake experiment and it seems to be going well. I think this week we can try just leaving the room after we put him down. We have been sitting with him for a few minutes and leaving while he's still somewhat awake but calm. So I think very soon we will be able to just leave him. Plus he's been sleeping through the night which is alway a bonus. Unfortunately even though we do the same routine at nap time it is not working nearly as well. I can obviously see that he's tired but as soon as you put him down he's back up again. Saturday and Sunday he was there for an hour and still wasn't going to sleep. Saturday we took him out and let him play for a bit and then tried again with rocking. Sunday I gave up and matt rocked him to sleep. Then he sleeps for 2 hours which is very nice. I just wonder what we have to do to get him to go to sleep on his own. He's not even that upset... he's just playing in his crib, walking around, pulling on the bumper, eating the railing. There are no toys in the crib but that doesn't stop him. They seem to be able to put him down at daycare with minimal effort. I wonder what the difference is at home.

That's about it for now. I've got a long day ahead of me especially since I can't breathe through my nose and feel like crap. I can't wait to crawl back into bed tonight.

Have a great day

No comments: