Friday, February 11, 2005

Pack 'n Play meets Rock 'n Roll

So Thursdays are officially "Daddy and Nathan" days, since I don't have to go to UConn and I keep Nathan home from day care. This should be good for at least one story per week.

This week, we were going through our usual breakfast routine - Nathan was playing in his pack 'n play (or playpen or baby jail, depending on your mood) while I was eating. We listen to music during breakfast. This week it was Tempest. Ironically, the first concert Nathan went to in utero was also Tempest. This time, on the outside of the womb, but on the inside of his pack 'n play, there was much more dancing. He was standing up and holding on to the top rail - he is just tall enough for most of his head to be visible over the rail when he does this. As the music played Nathan began banging his head in time with the song. This had me laughing so hard that I had to clean coffee off of the ceiling. Now before readers over the age of 30 (this means you too, Bill) get too worried that I was laughing at my son as he was hitting his head off the rail of the pack 'n play, rest assured that I not referring to that kind of head-banging. Instead, I am referring to "Rock 'n Roll Concert Movement #1: The basic head bob" in which he was bobbing his head up and down whilst gyrating the rest of his body (hey! I just used the word "whilst" in a sentence!). That explanation does the actual act no justice. It is now my mission to catch Nathan head-banging on video - and then to figure out how to get that video from the camera to the computer to this site. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Bill said...

I don't know how you can capture it on video, but apparently with the new gadget that Adam told me about, you should be able to get it to computer.