Two weekends ago my Aunt Lucy came up to "visit." Normally a "visit" is relaxing right? Well not this time. She came up on Friday morning and left Tuesday morning. In that amount of time she whooped our house (and our butts) in to shape. Now when Nathan was born my parents and sister and matt's mom came up and for 4 days cleaned our house inside and out while I was in the hospital. It was amazing. Our flower beds looked wonderful. Stacy made me go through all my old pictures and organize them. They went through our kitchen closets and straightened things up. Let's just say it was a very good thing that they don't charge us by the bag at the dump. It was great and we really appreciated it. We felt very lucky to have people who love us enough to organize us. :) Matt and I have kept it fairly nice since then but we did let some things slide in the past 7 months. Well Lucy came up to finish the job. We recleaned and reorganized ALL the kitchen closets and threw out a bunch more stuff that we weren't ready to part with 7 months ago. We went through our bedroom closets and donated 4 bags of clothes. We went through our linen closets and donated towels that both matt and I had still from college. And the biggest job of all, we cleaned and ORGANIZED the office. It all looks so nice. This all started because Matt and I wanted a bigger bed in our room (a full size bed for 6 years, need I say more?) We just had no idea how we were going to fit it in the room. Well not only did we fit it in the room but gave the whole room a new look. I think it's beautiful. Here's a before and after shot. Have a great day
No comments:
Post a Comment