Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since July. I really wanted to post about an interesting night with the boys but I guess I should give a quick synopsis of our lives since July first.
I got a job in August at Lyophilization Technology Inc and we moved to the doylestown area.
This is why it's been so long since I updated. I really like the work. It's been an adjustment getting everyone into their new routines but I think it's working out. The boys are doing well in school and starting to make friends. Matt is commuting and living through it. So... today...
I had some evidence of the boys growing up this evening. First, Nicholas has a girlfriend (Zoie) who he was chasing around the room trying to kiss her when I came to pick him up after school. We had "the talk" about how you do not kiss anyone other than a family member and you can't hug them either unless you ask first and they say ok. This is a hard concept for him because he says he loves her and you kiss people you love. Umm.. I guess but NOT when you are 5 YEARS OLD BOY!!! We are going to have to watch that ladies guy.
Then when I was putting Nathan to bed he turns to me and asks "mommy, why are we here?" I said what do you mean? And he said "why are we here, why did god put us here?" Ummm.....I just told him that that is a very big question and that I don't know why we are here but I'm sure glad that we are. Then we started naming things that make us happy to be "here". But even after all that he says, "I still don't understand why we are here." I just said, "I don't know" How do they grow up so fast? And when they do things like this that show they are growing up they just catch me off guard and I don't know how to respond. I can't even get them to wash their hair by themselves in the shower but they are kissing girls and asking why do we exist. It's been an interesting day.
No comments:
Post a Comment