Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting Dressed

Earlier today I took Nicholas into his room.  I picked out his clothes for him and told him he couldn't come out of his room until he was dressed.  After about 30 minutes I checked on him and he was playing quietly in his room (which he never does).  I was so surprised I decided to forgo the trip to the library and ride out this quiet play time for as long as I could.  It lasted for about 1.5 hours.  It was really great.  Then when he finally did come out he still wasn't dressed.  I guess he forgot what he was in there for after all that time. 

Nathan and he were playing a new game they call "under the blanket" this morning.  It consists of them sitting on the couch, totally under the blanket.  Then they call out numbers and decide who's phone number that is.  Then they pretend to talk to them and invite them over for a play date.  And then they dissolve into giggles... not sure why.  I'm so happy they've decided to play with each other under the blanket instead of beating each other.

2 comments:

Randy Warner said...

Just wait until they start playing "Under the blanket" with the girls :)

Alison said...

I know I know.... la la la, I'm in denial.