Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. Here are some questions that Nathan asked me in rapid fire yesterday in the car on the way to pick up nicholas from preschool

What's a star?
What is proof?
Why is snow white?
Why do we call snow snow?

Now most of these questions I could give an answer to another adult but I had a hard time thinking of the right words to say to a 5 year old. I especially had a hard time with what is proof. I said, well proof is evidence about something. Then of course, the next question... what is evidence?

Ah the questions of a 5 year old.

Nicholas is currently screaming at me becuase I put him on time out. Nathan is playing nicely and then I heard him tell nicholas to stop it. Nicholas was kicking nathan who was layingon the floor. I told nicholas and nathan to move away from each other so they wouldn't be tempted to kick. They didn't listen so I said, if you don't move away from each other, the next time someone gets hurt you are going on time out. Not 2 minutes later, nicholas kicked nathan again. Time out. UGH!!!! Three is really really a tough age more for mommy I think than nicholas.

1 comment:

Suzanna said...

try alibi. Ashtyn asked me that one recently. I was like - um...well, um...I ended up telling a story. I said - so, let's pretend that Mommy comes home and the lamp is knocked over and she says - who did this? Was it Ashtyn? And we would say, no, it wasn't Ashtyn because she was with her dad. SO, your dad gave you an alibi. She looks at me and says, yeah, the cat probably knocked over the lamp. My response: um, yeah, probably. er...