Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Snow Day

Or rather Slush day. But I did break out the snow blower for the first time this year. With all the slush and clogging, I felt like I was trying to tame a bucking bronco. But it's done and I even put some salt down on the steps so no one will kill themselves getting to the front door.

The kittens are doing well and revealing their personalities. The orange kitties name is RNG (sound it out). Nathan named him and we adults felt like we couldn't be calling him orangie all the time so we made it initials and we call him Reggie (his full name is reginald nigel growlington). The black and white kitty is Rascal. That's the name the SPCA gave him and we kept it. But we should have named him the laziest kitty on the face of the planet. He's a slightly cranky kitty probably because he's "Nicholas'" kitty and nicholas is not the most gentle three year old. Nicholas also sees nathan carrying reggie around and wants to do the same thing with his kitty but rascal is not happy about that. Reggie on the other hand would be happy being carried around all day. One of his names is PJ (for Polly Junior). His personality is very like hers, very easy going and will let the kids do just about anything to him. I've heard this from many people who have orange kitties (polly was a calico but mostly orange). Rascal is so lazy though, even if nicholas is annoying him, he'll just whine but won't get up and run away. I don't think I've ever seen him run from the kids.... he'll just whine about it instead. In fact I put rascal on the couch this morning and four hours later he's still lying there.

It's a pretty crappy snow day. The snow is not good for sledding or making snow men. We'll be spending the day indoors. But we will be having waffles for dinner tonight. :) It's tradition.

No comments: