Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Conversations at Night

The other night as I was snuggling Nathan before bed he turns to me and says
"Mommy when are you going back to work?"
Me: I don't know, why?
N: Don't you want to see your friends?
Me: Yes I do.
N: Do your friends miss you?
Me: Yes I think they do.
N: Then why don't you go back to work?
Me: Work is all the way back in CT.
N: Oh, well why don't you go to work here?
Me: Who would take care of you all day long?
N: daddy
Me: But daddy has to work too.
N: Oh, ok, well I guess you can stay with us then.
Me: How about I go to work when you and nicholas are in school all day long?
N: Nah, you can just stay home and wait for us.

I guess this started because matt and Nathan were talking at the grocery store about CT and missing his friends. Nathan has been asking when we can go to CT to visit all our friends. Hopefully we won't be sick the next time we plan a trip.

The boys had a productive Halloween. Lots of candy and lot so fun. WE've been fairly healthy for the last three weeks, ever since we were supposed to go to CT and all got sick instead.

Nicholas has been in a foul mood for the past month. I remember three being bad for nathan but not this bad. Maybe I'm just blocking it from my memory or maybe it's because he was in daycare all day and we only had to deal with the nighttime and weekends. Everyday I ask matt what is wrong with that child? Right now he is sitting on time out because he was whining about watching some TV and when I told him no, he tried to hit me. Now he's crying and screaming. Is he four yet?????

No comments: