Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sunny and Bright in my World

Yesterday was a windy cold rainy day. We spent the morning in the house making a fort out of the cushions, chairs and blankets. Nathan and Nicholas were inside the fort and at one point he came outside and said he was pretending it was snowing. I told him to go back inside his fort to keep warm. They played for a bit and then he came out again and said " It's a bright sunny day in my world." He really lifted my spirits.

Today it really is a bright sunny day. We've been outside all afternoon playing. First Nathan and Nicholas made a huge spiderweb using duct tape and the posts from the awning. Then they wanted to paint the house so I got water and brushes and that kept them busy for a while. But then they said they wanted to paint with colors. So I got their watercolors out and am letting them paint the side of the house. I figure it will wash off right? I hope so. We had to change into shorts and short sleeves because it was too hot outside. We made lemonade to quench our first and ate raisins. It's a perfect, lazy spring afternoon.

Nicholas' potty training is not going so well. He's still doing fine with peeing, but more times than not he poops in his pants. Twice this morning. He of course told me either just after or during so it was too late to get to the potty. I'm really tired of cleaning out little boy underwear of poopies. I don't know how to get him to tell me BEFORE he goes in his pants. UGH!!!!

Not much else going on. We have an offer on the house, we got the inspection done, we are asking for a couple of small things to be repaired. Now we just have to get the mortgage squared away, although that's on the back burner for a little bit since we are more than 60 days from the closing (mid june).

Hope everyone gets to enjoy the sunshine for the next couple of days. We sure are.

No comments: