I guess it's normal for kids Nathan's age to worry but he boy does he worry. You tell him things and then hours or days later he brings it back up with some worry about it. We told him that he needs to brush his teeth at night so his teeth don't fall out. I made the mistake the other night of telling him that he has baby teeth right now and that eventually his teeth will fall out to make room for his big boy teeth. That was a mistake. He got all upset and kept saying he didn't want his teeth to fall out...for like an hour.
Last night we got ready for bed and I forgot to brush his teeth. We read stories and I was singing him his goodnight song when he remembered he hadn't brushed his teeth. He couldn't even let me finish the song... we had to go brush them RIGHT NOW BEFORE THEY FALL OUT!!!!!!
He watched a Backyardigans yesterday. I don't even know what it was about because I was making dinner and it was a new one. In this episode though, a car (or some vehicle) must have gotten stuck in a river and sank or something. So I get "what would we do if our car sank" and "when will our car sink" and finally, I don't want to watch that show again.
He's been worried about fires lately. He's been worried that our house will burn down and how will we get out. Last night we put new fire alarms up but we just called them smoke alarms so he wouldn't get too worried.
I remember being worried like this when I was a kid too. Matt just looks at me and says it's all your fault. But I think part of it is normal (part of it is hereditary though too :) ).
I'm going to get the worry box out again, where we can put all our worries and not have to think about them again. Let's hope that works
No comments:
Post a Comment