Thursday, October 09, 2008

Conversations

In the Car this morning,

Mommy: Here comes the school bus.
Nathan: I wish I could ride the school bus to school.
M: One day when you are little bigger you will.
N: When I'm really big I will ride the school bus to work.
M: Oh yeah?
N: And I'll dress up in a Grown Up costume and ride to work on the school bus.
M: OK, and what will you be when you go to work?
N: A garbage can.
M: You mean a garbage man?
N: No a garbage can.....That's silly!!

I got this note from Nathan's teacher telling me about his playing at school.

Nathan and his friend Justin were playing super heros and they were setting "booby traps" around the playground. They were calling themselves booby men. The boys were trying to recruit other boys to come and get trapped in their booby trap (which I think was a bucket). They asked one of the new 3-year olds (who's name happens to be nicholas) in the class to come be a booby man with them. This little boy said that no he did not want to be a booby man because girls have boobies, not boys. You just can't make this stuff up. Those teachers must hear some really great conversations.

No comments: