Monday, June 23, 2008

Wow, it's been too long

Hello,
Sorry it's been so long between postings. Here's a quick update. The boys are loving summer. We have been to a few pools and to the lake. We've had ice cream and picnics. Nathan has started using floaties in the pools and now feels comfortable enough to just float and swim on his own. He's signed up for swimming classes this summer so I hope he starts to feel even more comfortable. Nicholas was unsure of the water at first. But after a little bit he started having a good time. Daddy even took him under and guess what... he came up giggling. Wow!!

Nathan turned four and his big suprise present from mommy and daddy were tadpoles, two of them. He promptly named them nathan and nicholas (nathan is the bigger one). We put them on a table next to a bed and kept telling him he needed to be careful and not knock them over... well guess who knocked them over by accident... that's right, mommy. They survived.

Nicholas is talking more and more. He's very cute about it. If you say ouch, he'll immediately say "I sorry" and then constantly ask "you ok?" for the next five minutes. He'll say "I wuv oo" all the time, but especially as you are heading out the door. When I wake him up in the morning he immediately jumps up and says "Hi" and "all Done" with a bright smile on his face. Not like his big brother who grouches and pretends to be asleep for 10 minutes after you wake him up. Nathan is definitely NOT a morning person.

Both of them love to ride on the back of daddy's bike. Too bad mommy's bike is buried in the garage somewhere.

We are doing a lot of work to the house. The floors have been refinished, the basement has been waterproofed and the deck has been powerwashed. We are going to be doing some painting and then we need to have the septic system replaced. That has been a real hassle and I've learned more about leech fields and septic systems than I ever wanted to know. My advice, buy a house with city sewer.

This coming weekend we will be going to Old Songs Festival in NY. We did it last year but Nicholas is bigger this year. I'm a bit worried about the sleeping. Nicholas settles himself real well when he's by himself, not sure how he's going to do when all of us are sleeping together. Oh well... it's only a weekend.

One last story. A few weeks ago we went to the lake and then to the ice cream place for dessert. Here's a link to their website (take a look at the picture). Well matt was at the front ordering with nicholas. Nathan and I were standing on the sidewalk where that big line of people is (there were maybe 20 people there the day we were there). Nathan asks me if he can go in the grass. I had been thinking we would sit in the grass to eat so I said sure. At that moment, Matt called me to come get nicholas... so I walked up to get him. I turned around to walk back and I see Nathan, pants around his ankles, peeing in the grass. I must have turned every shade of pink. Note to self and every mother of a little boy.... When a little boy asks to go in the grass he means to "GO" in the grass. It's a family place so they didn't kick us out, but we haven't shown our face there again yet. I'm sure we will though... their ice cream is too good to leta little embarressment stop us.


Have a great day everyone

No comments: