Nathan loves preschool. It's supposed to be a two week transition and yesterday was the beginning of the second week. They were supposed to go over in the morning, stay through lunch and then come back for nap. He and the other little boy refused to come back and I actually ended up picking him up from the other classroom at the end of the day. I think what he loves most about it is the INSTRUMENTS!!! They have them out all the time and he loves to play on the piano. This morning he wanted to go straight to preschool... but then he wanted to bring his friend with him but that would mean going to prep first. So we went to prep first but i'm sure very soon he will be over in preschool. Plus i don't think he has to stay on his cot at naptime over there... BONUS (for him at least). He's pretty much done with naptime. On those rare days when he does take a nap, he can't fall asleep at night. I'll put him down between 8 and 8:30 and he's up till 9:30 or 10 playing in his room. So I'd rather he be awake during the day and go to sleep at a decent hour.
Nicholas is starting that age which i have repeatedly said is the hardest age. He knows what he wants but he can't communicate it to you. Actually let me restate... he does communicate by pointing and yelling. Then I try to do the sign for "more" or "please" and as soon as I do it he turns his head away and starts screaming. He is being very stubborn and refuses to even look at me while I do a sign. He's probably thinking " Woman!!! you know exactly what I want so just GIVE IT TO ME!!! I'll communicate in my own way thank you very much" He's a stubborn one. Last night he just cranked all night long. He cranked on the way home in the car, while dinner was being made, after he ate what was on his plate and I was trying to figure out if he wanted more or if he was all done, when I finally put him down to play, when I closed the door so he couldn't go downstairs, when i changed his diaper for bed, and when Nathan and Nicholas and I tried to read a book together. Just crank crank crank. We gave up on the book after the second page that he tried to rip out of it and then wriggled out of my arms to go play some more. So he just went to bed and he was finally quiet. He even took a 2.5 hour nap at daycare yesterday (which is AMAZING!) I think he's just at that age. And he's just at the beginnning of that age... another 6-12 months of this. hopefully he'll start saying a few words and then life will be somewhat easier.
Have a good day everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment