Friday, July 27, 2007

Random Update

So it's been a while since I just gave an update on the boys. Nicholas is toddling all over the place now. He can walk from the kitchen all the way into the living room without falling over. He can turn and stoop down and pick stuff up. He's soo proud of himself while he's doing it as well. He just has this big goofy grin on his face. He's decided that he is no longer a baby and will therefore no longer eat baby food. And he decided this the day after daddy bought a whole bunch of baby food. So we gave it away to some deserving baby in his class. Now he eats chicken and pasta and sweet potatos and fruit and bread and cheese and pretty much anything we put in front of him (except broccoli, he turned out to be daddy's boy in that respect).

Nathan is still going through potty training. He's really good about #1. He doesn't have any accidents at all with that. He tends to wait to do #2 until he has a diaper on (nap time or bed time). If he can't wait, then he comes crying that he went in his pants immediately after going in his pants. So I know he's not doing it on purpose and he's not hiding it which is good... I just wish he would tell us before he goes in his pants. The other day I caught him pacing and he went on the potty... but we can't be on top of him like that all the time. He's been asking why? to everything we say lately. "I forgot your music at home" Why??? "The sky is blue" Why?? I know he's just trying to learn but it can get frustrating sometimes. Sometimes we don't answer his why questions and ask him "why do you think" ... and sometimes that actually works... he comes up with a reason on his own. pretty cool.

Matt and I have finished Harry potter. Matt pulled a couple of late nights over the weekend and I was up till 2AM on Tuesday night finishing it. I think we are both pleased with the book and are ok with the ending. Sometime in the next couple of months, I will have to reread it but slower. I'm sad that the series is over but it's ok.

Only another couple of weeks until I get a couple of days vacation. I really need it... this place has been driving me crazy lately. I have been doing a lot of management type of work lately and here's what I've realized.... I like being a LAB SCIENTIST. I do not want to be a manager... I can deal with other people when we are talking science. When we are talking policy and trying to be sensitive while getting people to do what I need them to do and they don't agree with me, and I'm the one in a position of power is not fun. I haven't been trained for it and I don't much like it. I feel like I'm making everyone mad and I'm giving mixed messages and I'm not getting enough support from my managment to be making these decisions. UGH!!! Can I just take off till December again? I like the idea of 8 months on, 4 months off.

Ok enough whining from me. It's Friday... the happiest day of the week. Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie -- welcome to the true Corporate America! I feel your pain - Aunt Lu - AKA The Angel of Death :-)