This past Saturday morning we decided we needed to go out and run some errands. So matt and I are getting ourselves ready and Nathan and Nicholas are playing. After about 5 minutes I don't see Nathan in the kitchen anymore so I say (loudly), Nathan where are you? And he says "in the bathroom". I asked him "what you are you doing"? He says "Painting." Now I didn't think too much of that because he has some little paint brushes stored throughout the house that he finds sometimes and PRETENDS to paint the walls with. So about 30 seconds later I wander into the bathroom downstairs to see what he's doing. He was there with my eyeshadow and the brush "painting" the wall. You ever have that moment when you know you should be angry with him and punish him but inside you are CRACKING UP! This tends to happen a lot with Nathan. I had the hardest time not laughing. I called matt over and he had to turn away and leave the room when he saw it because he was laughing so hard. Well he had to help me clean it up and got a stern warning on painting the walls.
We had a great weekend. The weather was raining on Saturday but pretty nice on Sunday. We got to play outside and plant flowers and clean the house. Nathan was very sad on Monday morning when he had to go back to school... but as soon as we got there he totally forgot what he was cranky about and had a great time playing with all the other kids.
Nathan tends to be hot and cold with Nicholas these days. It's either "He's so cute" and he give him big hugs or it's "He's looking at me!!!! Make him stop!!!!!" Yesterday they were both standing at the screen door looking out into the yard just sharing the same space. Matt quick got the camera out and took a picture of it (I'll post it tomorrow). Not 10 seconds after that photo was shot, Nathan noticed that Nicholas was slowly creeping into his space and pushed him over. Which of course earned Nathan an immediate time out. But for about 30 seconds my two boys were just content to be with each other looking out on the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment