For the past couple of weeks Nathan has been learning about feelings at daycare. One day last week he just came up to me with this serious look on his face and said "I sad". When I asked him why he was sad he just repeated "I sad". Sometimes he'll say something makes him happy too... usually it's when a good song comes on the Ipod. But recently with the advent of Halloween he's been saying "I scared" a lot. There is this one book at school that he is especially scared of. The teachers have told me that whenever they get it out he starts shaking. And usually when we are in the car, halfway home he will announce " I scared of the pumpkin book" (and you've got to hear him say pumpkin, it is the cutest thing ever) So I figure Halloween this year is going to be a big bust. AFter the fiasco of trying to get him to put on his costume a couple of weekends ago and all the "I scareds" this week I figured he would be very frightened of all the trick or treaters coming to the door last night. I thought we would have to sequester him downstairs with a long list of Little Einsteins to calm him nerves.
Boy was I wrong. He was in a very energetic mood last night. Daddy got home a little later than usual and I was at home trying to get dinner ready, feed nicholas, change both boys diapers and hand our halloween candy for the hordes by myself for a little while. So I didn't put Nathan's pants back on after the diaper change... it was a beautiful night and he seemed so happy without them.
When the doorbell would ring he would come screaming through the house "DING DONG" and then stand there (pantless) and stare at all the kids. Then he decided that he wanted to put the candy in their bags so he did that for a while (too bad for those kids that wanted to pick the candy out themselves). They would say thank you and he would say "your welcome" all while standing there in a shirt and diaper. He had a great time and almost didn't want to take a bath (which is one of his most favorite things to do). Just goes to show how I can never predict what he is or is not going to like. Keeps us on our toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment