It was another nice weekend at our house. Saturday morning we did a little grocery shopping. Then nathan took a very late nap (unfortunately it was only an hour) so that we could go to the fireworks that evening. We got there about an hour and a half before they started (I thought they would start a half hour earlier than they actually did). He was having a good time walking around, watching the older kids playing and watching the boats. Then we let him play in the car for a while which is always a good time. Finally the fireworks started around 9:20. We were a little ways away so they weren't too loud and he wasn't really scared. He watched them for about 5-10 minutes and then turned around and said all done. Then he started jumping. Just jumping up and down and up and down for a good 10 minutes. I got him to watch the finale but he really could have cared less. Of course we are then stuck in traffic trying to get out of there. He finally fell asleep in the car around 10:15. I thought for sure he would sleep in the next day... but no, 6:45 he was up and ready to go .
Sunday I slept in while matt got up with him early in the morning. Then when I got up we had a quick breakfast and eventually headed out the door to go to our favorite pond. Nathan was in a bit of a mood but I knew keeping him home would be more punishment for us than for him. So off we went. From the map it looked like there was a shortcut we could take to get to the pond. Well we were on a paved road for a while and then it became dirt and then hit became rock and then we hit Rhode Island. So we finally found a paved road again and started back. It was only a 45 minute detour. Turns out that the map I had in the car had two roads connecting that don't connect in real life. Oh well... it was an adventure. And Nathan didn't seem to care at all... he was just singing along to his songs. So we finally get there and he says "YEAH, WooHoo." We walk the short distance to the beach and I put him down to lay out the blankets. I then ask him if he wants me to change his pants so he can go in the water. That got a resounding "YES". As soon as he was in swimmy's he was off and running toward the water. He was having a great time throwing a squishy ball in the water and then getting it . Then he would throw it up on the beach and he would run out to get it. He's into jumping right now so he was trying to jump in the water. It only backfired once and he went down face first. But he was fine... the biggest complaint was water in the eyes, but as soon as that was cleared he was off and jumping again. WE had lunch and then went back in the water. By this time the sun had gone behind some clouds so it was a little chilly. The poor kid's teeth were shaking but he didn't want to get out. Finally we convinced him to sit with daddy in the blanket and get warmed up. Which he did and we packed up and went home. He wasn't too thrilled about it but it was nap time and since he had not slept much the day before he was a bit tired. But he didn't fall asleep the entire half hour rid home and then he still wanted to play at home. I let him play for 30 minutes and then tried to put him down for a nap for about 30 minutes. At that point I told him mommy was leaving but he had to stay in his bed or he would go back in the crib. He moved around for like 5 minutes and then silence. I guess I was just disturbing him being in there with him. He slept for a good 2.5 hours and then he was in a pretty good mood the rest of the evening.
That's it... our exciting weekend. I really enjoyed the lake. It was warm and I just floated for a while. It was nice not having pressure on my joints for a while. We'll have to do it again soon.
have a great day everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment