Monday, February 27, 2006

Screaming Toddlers

Where to start? Well last Wednesday (Nathan's first day back to daycare after a long vacation) he decided he was not going to take a nap at daycare. He seemed to be in a good mood, he just didn't want to take a nap. So on the way home he fell asleep in the car around 4:45PM. I tried to wake him up when he got home but he wasn't having any of that. He slept snuggled up to daddy until about 6pm when I tried to wake him up for dinner. I got him to wake up but he didn't want to eat and he just whined and whined and whined until we finally put him back down in his crib around 6:30. He then slept until 6 the next morning. I guess he was a bit tired. The next day he took a nice nap at daycare.

This weekend was pretty fun. We got to go to see Elizabeth and the kids at her parent's house. Andrew is 3.5 months now and he's getting so big. Katie and Nathan were having a great time running around the house chasing each other and screaming. They even did a pretty good job of sharing toys. Katie is amazing with her talking. Nathan talks a lot too but unfortunately I can only understand a select few words. But he's really trying to tell me stuff... I'm just too simple to understand.

Sunday around dinner time Nathan was in a foul mood so he had to go on time out twice. That is just the most horrible thing ever according to him. I think the thing that set him off was that we installed a new gate latch so he can't go upstairs whenever he wants to anymore. I think that just pissed him off. He refused to eat dinner (even though he hadn't eaten lunch) and when we let him down to play he went over and started throwing all of his books and toys over the gate onto the steps. Fine...after dinner it was time to clean up all the toys. But he didn't want to and started hitting his toys. Hence the first time out. Then.... when that was over we went to clean up the toys again and he picked up a truck and was just about to throw it over the gate again and I said " If you throw that truck you are going on time out"... bam went the truck. Second time out. The second one last longer than the first one since he wouldn't stay seated on the chair and I wasn't starting the timing until he sat on the chair. After that he was very sad and I asked him if he wanted to eat. Of course then he was starving and ate a huge bowl of macaroni and cheese. After that he was in a great mood and helped me clean up the toys and took a great bath. Kids. I dont' think I'm ready for this terrible two's act yet.

Other that that little incident we had a great weekend. His new favorite song is Old McDonald had a Farm. He tries to sing the verses as well as the EIEIO. He also picks the animals. Very cute.

Well i'd better get working. have a great day

No comments: