Well, we didn't make it to PA this weekend. Thursday about 5 minutes before I was going to leave to pick up nathan, I got the phone call that he had a fever and was being excluded from daycare. His fever wasn't too high but every other time he's had a fever in the last year, it's been associated with an ear infection so I quick got a dr's appointment. Luckily he said this was the first time his ears looked normal when he's had a fever so that was good. But we decided we didn't want to infect everyone in PA, especially a 3 day old baby.
And it's a good thing we stayed at home because Saturday night Nathan started puking. And the poor little guy was miserable. He soooo wanted something to drink but everytime he took even a little sip of pedialyte he would throw it back up. He eventually fell asleep for the night and stayed asleep. Sunday there was not much puking but a 101 fever at night so we kept him home on Monday. Matt and I were going to do half days each but when I woke up on monday morning I wasn't feeling my best so I told him to go and do everything he needed to do. We all had dinner together and nathan even ate something. Monday night around 2am nathan woke up and I asked matt to get him. At which point matt headed directly to the bathroom. So I took care of nathan while matt was in the bathroom for pretty much the rest of the night. By around 6AM I was starting to feel pretty bad myself. So we called daycare when they opened and begged them to take nathan (even though this was a day that he usually doesn't go in). They said fine. I dragged myself out of bed and dropped him off and by the time I got back home matt was feeling much better and my turn in the bathroom had just started. This lasted till around 10PM when my stomach finally started to settle. Yesterday I stayed home because I was still a little queasy and still had a slight fever but matt was out and about. And today Matt, nathan and I are all at our respective places and feeling almost normal. It's only been a week since it all started... but it feels like forever.
So we have not yet gotten to see Logan. We will eventually but we are all still recovering from this week so we won't go this weekend. Next weekend looks good. I don't know about you but I never remember MY mom being sick very often. When does that mom gene kick so I don't get sick every time my child gets sick. I'm ready... hit me.
No comments:
Post a Comment