Thursday, July 28, 2005

Finally Back

Well I'm back with the land of the living. Long and short of it is that Nathan has an ear infection and has had a high fever for the last 6 days. We went to the doctor yesterday and he gave us antibiotics so hopefully this will kick the infection and he will start to feel better very soon. He's so pathetic when he's sick.

This weekend we went to Falcon Ridge folk festival. We had a pretty good time. We arrived on Friday afternoon. Nathan had a slight fever at this point but I figured it was because he's getting his first set of molars. He did ok eating and everything. That night though, his fever started going up. By Saturday morning he was very pathetic and had a pretty high fever. Got him to eat some fruit for lunch and then he slept most of the morning away in someone's arms. I tried to get him to eat something for lunch and he decided he had just had enough becuase that's when he threw up all over Grandma. Poor guy. We finally got him to keep some Motrin and liquids down after a few hours. He slept most of that day away. It was funny, even though he was very sick and listless and just lying there pathetic, when Grandpa moved his popper to put it away, his head popped up and he tried to show some signs of life. "I think I can play with my popper, don't put that away. " Sunday we hung around for a little while but Nathan still had a pretty good fever so we packed up and headed home around 2pm. Of course about a half hour before we're ready to leave he starts perking up again and running around like everything's fine.

Sunday night he DID not sleep well again. What is it about Sunday nights. Plus by this time I'm starting to feel not so good as well. General achiness. So after getting about 3 hours of sleep and not feeling well i decide to take a sick day. Nathan seems to be getting better. He only needed Tylenol in the morning and then no fever the rest of the day. So I take him to daycare on Tuesday. i'm still not feeling great but there's work to be done. Around 1pm on Tuesday we get the call that nathan's fever is back and he's been excluded from daycare for 24 hours. So I leave to take him home. Yesterday I stayed at home with him and took him to the doctor. He's still getting fevers whenever the drugs where off so he's at home again today with Daddy. He was ok during the morning yesterday but didn't want to take a nap. Then we went to the dr and then to the pharmacy. By the time we finally got home it was about 3pm, way past his nap time. He took about an hour and a half nap and then was in a GREAT mood the rest of the night. After I got his fever to come down after his nap he was playing and running around the house. He ate dinner and was in a really goofy mood.

Today he's home with daddy and daddy's already called to say he's cranky. I think both of them are cranky to tell you the truth. Nathan didn't sleep the best last night. He woke up twice (once about 15 minutes after the first time). I really love this air conditioning thing. I can turn down the monitor and really not hear him screaming over the air conditioner. So i let him cry it out for about 15 minutes the second time he woke up and then went over and laid him back down in his crib and he was out like a light. He just needed to tire himself out I guess. I just wish he would stay asleep. He was doing so well before this. I'm going to blame it on the sickness for now.

ok well I guess that's enough for today. I'm only at work today and half a day tomorrow. Then we head to PA to visit the grandparents and then to Pittsburgh for the week for a conference I'm attending. Should be fun. Hopefully Nathan will be feeling up to it.

Alrighty then. Time to work. Have a great day

No comments: