Thursday, April 21, 2005

First Words

I have a few minutes before my presentation this morning and instead of going over it for the fifth time I thought I'd write to you all. I started and finished it yesterday with plenty of time to spare. Back in school, I would have obsessed over something like this for weeks. Now it's one day and I'm done. My how times have changed.

It's official, Nathan has said Mama and he was talking to me!!! On Monday I thought I heard him say it but I wasn't sure if he was just making sounds or if he was actually looking at me when he said it. On Tuesday he was in bed and I came over and he said Mama and lifted up his arms to be picked up. On Wednesday morning, Matt was changing his diaper and I came into the room and he looked at me and said Mama. Then I was holding him and matt left the room and he said Dada and was looking after him. Clear as day. He still says dada da da da da over and over again but sometimes he's actually calling for Dada. I'm so happy. It's a great feeling when they start verbally communicating with you.

In other news, Nathan has decided that he is a big boy and no longer wants to eat baby food. Finger food only now. This is a lot more work than just getting a jar of baby food out. I've started giving him chicken and stuff from my plate but then he needs pasta or fiber that I'm probably not eating so we will have to start making other kinds of things for him now as well. Plus he doesn't want his cereal anymore... so we'll have to find some sort of substitute for that at night. The first night he refused to eat it and I just thought he wasn't hungry so I put him to bed and he woke up at 3AM starving. So I'll HAVE to find something to replace it.

Nathan goes to the doctor this morning for more shots. Hopefully it will go well. When I called home at 8AM both daddy and nathan were still sleeping. How come he doesn't sleep that long on the weekend? He had a bad day at school yesterday. His teacher called me at 9AM practically begging me to let them give him some Tylenol for his teeth. He was a total bear, crying at the drop of a hat. He screamed the whole way home. But once we were home, he was as happy as a clam. Playing and crawling around, chasing the animals and going up and down the stairs. Sometimes I just can't figure him out.

Almost time for the meeting. I'd best go get prepared. have a great day everyone

No comments: