Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy Birthday to ME

Well it's here, that time of year again. No not Ash Wednesday, although that did kind of sneak up on me as well. Birthday time again. This is not the "Big" one but pretty close. You know, I'm pretty happy with my life so far. I've got loving family and friends, a wonderful husband (who's going to bake me a cake from scratch today, YEAH!!!), and a beautiful child. I'm happy and challenged at work. Here's to hoping this trend continues for the next... (insert age here) years. Thanks to everyone who has helped me get this far. I couldn't have done it alone.

Nathan's snowsuit arrived. i'll get a picture of it up tonight. Just in time for the snow that's supposed to be coming tonight. Isn't it April yet? I'm sick and tired of winter grey and short days. I want the long "lazy" days of summer again. By summer Nathan and Connor will be walking around and playing outside. We'll take them to the pool to learn to swim and have ice cream and cake for Nathan's birthday. I can't wait.

Yesterday Nathan figured out how to use his pinchers to pick up veggie puffs. For those of you who don't know what veggie puffs are here's the website. Usually I put four or five down in front of him and he plays with them a while but doesn't really get them to his mouth, usually dropping them down his pants instead. Well yesterday he figured out how to get them in his mouth and before I could do anything about it, he had 5 of the puffs in his mouth like a little chipmunk. Once he figured out how to do it, he mastered the skill fairly quickly. He's becoming a big boy. He holds his own bottle and now he's feeding himself. What's next? Walking, talking, driving, bringing girls home? It all goes so fast.

Well time to be productive. Have a great day


2 comments:

Bill said...

You know, sometimes it snows in April.

iSuze said...

Happy Birthday!!!